Sunday, October 6, 2013

Art is Love

"Love Revolution" digital artwork by Serena 
I have taken for granted how much art has to offer. Ever since I was a child, and was able to hold a crayon and draw, I have been creating art. It was something that offered so much peace and enjoyment as a child.  In times of frustration, or extreme happiness, art was there for me. It helped me to express my feelings, where words fell short. It helped me find solace, when I could not make sense of anything else around me in the world.  Drawing and painting became an essential part of me. Whether it was practical or not, I knew I loved art, and would strive for a life where I would be free to express my creativity endlessly.

As I grew older, and took on the infamous adult responsibilities, I started to forget about how much I love art. I forgot how art was my eternal therapist, never criticizing or judging me, just there for me, to listen and help me see things in a new light. I was so busy, trying to live the life I was told was the life I needed to strive for, that I forgot about the things that brought me great joy as a child. I still knew that part of myself, but it was as if that part of me, was kind of locked up, while I was trying to sort out life.

My heart sings because after several years of art silence, I have rediscovered my love. I have returned to the sweet embrace of art. I see it everywhere, not just paintings and photographs...but in the clouds, in a hairstyle, in words, in ideas, in buildings, in nature...art is everywhere! It accentuates life, and adds to the beauty that is all around. Art can express so many different thoughts and ideas. Art can be whatever you need it to be. I know that I will always remember the joy that art brings. I will never again forget my roots, my joy, my love of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment